Security information and event management (SIEM) is an approach to security management. The underlying principles of every SIEM system is to aggregate relevant data from multiple sources, identify deviations from the norm and take appropriate action. For example, when a potential issue is detected, a SIEM might log additional information, generate an alert and instruct other security controls to stop an activity’s progress.
At the most basic level, a SIEM system can be rules-based or employ a statistical correlation engine to establish relationships between event log entries. Advanced SIEMs have evolved to include user and entity behaviour analytics (UEBA) and security orchestration and automated response (SOAR).
Today, most SIEM systems work by deploying multiple collection agents in a hierarchical manner to gather security-related events from end-user devices, servers, network equipment, as well as security systems like firewalls, antivirus or intrusion prevention systems. The collectors forward events to a centralised management console where security analysts sift through the noise, connecting the dots and prioritising security incidents.
LogRhythm is an end-to-end platform is designed by security experts for security experts. It gives your team the advanced solutions they need to reduce the challenges and complexities they face every day.
LogRhythm, the leader in security intelligence and analytics, empowers organizations around the globe to rapidly detect, respond to and neutralize damaging cyber threats. The company’s patented and award-winning platform uniquely unifies next-generation SIEM, log management, network and endpoint forensics, and advanced security analytics. In addition to protecting customers from the risks associated with cyber threats, LogRhythm provides unparalleled compliance automation and assurance, and enhanced IT intelligence.
LogRhythm is consistently recognised as a market leader. The company has been positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant report for three consecutive years.
With LogRhythm, your team will uncover threats faster and spend precious time on work that’s important. You’ve already built a team of smart people — but managing multiple tools and manual tasks is holding them back. Protecting your business is about to get a whole lot easier.
Traditional SIEM vs Next-Generation SIEM
- Focuses on collecting only exception-based security data to prioritize which “events” are more important than others
- Relies on heavy schema management and user-provided processing rules that create substantial administrative requirements and hinder use case expansion
- Does little to assist with alarm triaging and security orchestration, creating alarm fatigue and insecurity in security operation effectiveness
- Lacks automation to help security teams simplify workflow by removing steps
- Fails to keep up with the trends and needs of security
- Performs broad-based collection and identifies threats with corroboration across one or more security-related activities or integrations
- Takes a holistic approach with minimal tuning with each product release, lowering the administrative burden
- Reduces the mean time to detect (MTTD) and mean time to respond (MTTR) to threats by using scenario- and behavioral-based analytics to surface only credential threats requiring minimal tuning
- Improves your team’s collaboration and effectiveness through automation and defined workflows
- Tracks MTTD and MTTR and strengthens your team’s value to your business
- Combines user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), network traffic and behavior analytics (NTBA) and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) in a single end-to-end solution
Traditional solutions are limited and don’t have the flexibility to scale and grow as your security needs increase.
CyberRisk has partnered with LogRhythm to bring their security technology to Australia.
Contact us if you would like more information, or a demonstration.